A Malaysian man has been trying to prove that he is not dead for the past four years. Due to the error, he has not been able to find work.
Official records show that Minggu Mang anak Madang passed away from head injuries in the town of Bintulu in the eastern state of Sarawak on January 18, 2002, and was buried.
But Minggu Mang, 40, says that he is alive and rallying for years to show to authorities he was not dead.
"Please help me to convince the authorities concerned that I am not dead. I am very much alive," he was quoted by the state Bernama news agency as saying.
"The going has been very tough, very stressful since I was officially certified dead by the Nyalau Hospital in Bintulu four years ago," he adds.
He said he found out that he was proclaimed dead when he was told all his records with the transport department had been deleted.
Minggu Mang, has since been trying to prove that he exists.
"Now I am the living dead as I cannot work," he was quoted by AFP to saying.
"There seems to be no clear indication when the investigations will end. I know the police are doing their best but I have a life to live," Minggu Mang added.