After working hard for many years and finally retiring, retirees are faced with one main decision – to move or not? Those who chose to remain in their current homes have to contend with the hassles of maintaining a large home that is both expensive and time-consuming. However, most people chose to relocate to a more affordable place, where they can enjoy their retirement years in peace.
While moving after retirement is a chance of starting a simpler and more enjoyable life, the simple thought of having to move can be quite daunting, especially when it is latter In life. However, despite how uncomfortable it might seem to move after retirement, it is actually possible for you to enjoy a very smooth and seamless move. Below is a look at some of the tips that can help you move smoothly (http://www.bankrate.com/finance/retirement/moving-during-retirement.aspx).
1. Start planning the move early: One of the best tips for ensuring that you enjoy a smooth and hassle-free time when moving is to start planning for the move early. This gives you enough time to make all the major decisions about the move, prepare a budget for the moving expenses, and pack all the things you want to carry with you. Therefore, when the time to move comes, the only thing that will be left for you to do is load your things onto the moving truck (http://wynnesremovals.co.uk/moving-house/moving-checklist/).
2. Plan for your new space: When you are moving into a new home after retirement, it is important to plan for the space in the new house you will be moving into. Therefore, you should take a note of the available space in your new home, which will help you to make a decision about the furniture, clothing, books, and other items that you will move.
For easier decision making, you should list the most important possessions you have, which you want to carry with you. After that, you can declutter your house and clear out everything you do not need. You can then donate some of these things to the less fortunate. Alternatively, you can sell them off, which will help you to earn some cash that you can then use to finance the move (http://www.helpiammoving.com/moving_house/clutter.php).
3. Stay in touch by informing your loved ones of the plans to move: When you are planning to move, you should remember that you will be leaving behind people you have known for many years, and whom you have built strong relationships with. Therefore, you should inform them of your plans to move beforehand. You should also remember to leave them with your contact info and the new address where they can reach you.
In addition to informing your loved ones, you should also remember to notify the post-office, cable companies, magazines you have subscribed to, your bank, and other organization such as the tax authority of the plan to move and provide them with your new address. This will ensure that you continue receiving your mail and subscriptions even in the new location.
4. Hire a moving company: Moving on your own is a stressful experience that drains you physically, mentally, and emotionally. Therefore, when you are planning on moving house after retirement, you should hire the services of a moving company. The movers will do all the heavy-lifting for you, which will ensure that you enjoy a smooth and hassle-free experience. When hiring the movers, you should particularly consider hiring a local company offering removals Brighton (http://wynnesremovals.co.uk/removals/brighton-removals/).
Why should you hire a local removals company?
Hiring a local removals company can have lots of benefits. These include:
1. It is more affordable: One of the main advantages of hiring a local removals company is that it is more cost-effective than hiring a national company. With a local moving company, the distance to be covered will be very short. This helps to make sure that the movers operate at minimum costs, thus saving you a lot of money. Also, local movers are more likely to offer you better price deals and discounts for choosing their company, than when you hire a national company. Their hourly rates are also more likely to be lower than those of national moving companies.
2. Their services are fast: Another advantage of hiring a local removals company is that their services are fast and more reliable. Since local companies operate in a smaller area, they cater for a smaller customer base and can be able to deliver their services faster. In addition, operating in a local area where they have more personal relationships with their clients drives them to be more credible and reliable when delivering their services. As a result, there are very few chances of you having to deal with problems such as lost or damaged belongings when moving.
3. They help to make the move more convenient: Using a local moving company is more convenient than using a large national removals company. Due to their smaller client base, local movers have very reliable and flexible timing, and you can even hire them on a short notice. In addition, the movers are very familiar with the area you will be moving into, and can be able to navigate the roads easily while avoiding places that might cause delays. This helps to ensure you have a very smooth moving experience.
4. It makes it easier to check out the company: When hiring removals company, it is important that you conduct thorough research on the company to ensure that they are licensed, insured, and that their services are reliable. When you hire a local company, checking out these details is very simple since the company is located within your locality. It is also very easy to contact the company’s past clients and ask about their reputation. This helps to ensure that you are able to find a good moving company, without having to undergo too much trouble when checking it out.
Summary: Moving after retiring is one of the most stressful experience you can undergo. However, it provides you with a chance to move into a new home where you can lead a much more comfortable life. And despite all the frustrations that you might encounter when moving, you can still enjoy a very smooth experience, especially when you hire a reliable local removals company.