Automatic call distributor also known as ACD is the method to steer the wheel of incoming calls to the most desired and appropriate agent who can solve their issues instantly. These processes of routing calls are based upon pre-determined guidelines that include the construction of an adept call routing facilities. Further to this, ACD distributor comes pre-unified with a Computer Telephony Integration or CTI and an Interactive Voice Response that provides the option of self-service and helps in routing the suitable call department seamlessly.
It is a very critical constituent for an inbound customer service centre to streamline the interaction process between the call executive and the customer. Despite of its many qualities ACD is relatively a process which is underused.
Herein, we have put an extra effort to bring to you a few competencies of an Automatic Call distribution method. They are as under:
- Efficient call routing facility : Smooth call routing facilities of an ACD escalates the effectiveness and productivity of a call representatives. Constructed on the pre-determined algorithms, customer calls are routed and directed to the most suitable agent, thus eliminating the time taken for transferring a call from one agent to another. It seizures the information or personal data of a customer such as email address, telephone number and area code etc. and based on the IVR configuration system those calls are transmitted to the appropriate available agent.
- Responsive mode of interaction : Instantaneous response through the ACD process allows agents to get direction towards the call within no time. It accelerates the responsive timing and efficiently handles the call time, as a result increasing consumer gratification. At times when there is a flow of high call volumes, callers can choose the option of call back instead of holding onto the phone and waiting in the line. Moreover, ACD facilitates VIP callers to already assigned agents, without any delay.
- Reorganized environment of operating interaction : Amalgamation of CRM and other interacting podium such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Live chat permits representatives interact with customer in an efficient and transparent manner. One of the most important aspects for customer interaction is to understand their needs and issues thoroughly. An intact inbound customer service team can witness the past interaction and history of the customer on a single line. Every phone call is determined on a single router and processed and delivered onto various systems with the call centre which enables conferencing calls and transferring those calls to varied departments accordingly. Sorted call centres are efficient and well-organised at the same time.
- Amplified productivity of call centre representatives : Training and call scripts are important but without proper processes it is an impossible task to enable and simplify customer problems. Therefore, with the help of automatic call distributor, call centre representatives are trained to handle calls for which they are specially trained. They have proficiency and essential subject-matter intelligence to handle a customer. Such efforts are resulted with an increased competence of self-assurance while dealing with a caller, alongside increasing productivity. Another important characteristic is that it can provide access to the customer’s information before responding the call which helps agents to have meaningful conversations.
- Call centre costs are abridged : Specialised inbound customer service providers are proficiently installed with the facility of transmitting incoming calls to the most apt representative to improve the chances of first call resolution. Thus, decreasing the time taken to respond a call and henceforth reducing cost-per-call cost of the contact centre.
The ACD routing system has been considered to make small but valuable developments based on consumer feedback. This technology typically uses rule-based commands like automatically identifying customer’s phone number, IVR, caller identity or identifying dialed number services to control and determine how calls are handled.