Wanna get rid of excess fat on your belly area to fit into your favorite dating dress? Is there the quickest way to shed pounds or is it always going to takes months? Stop fretting and we’ve got a workable solution on how to get rid of belly fat in a week.
That’s impossible, you must be thinking; but I would say that it only takes your will power, woman!
How To Get Rid Of Belly Fat In A Week
A well-planned week to inculcate measures for reducing belly fat and reducing bloating is the perfect way to go. Within a week, you’d be feeling energetic, slimmer, and lighter. Trust me, your curvy figure with a flatter belly can return!
Before diving into the fastest way to get rid of stomach fat, let’s dig into what belly fat really is.
What is Belly Fat?
Have you ever gave it a thought? Belly fat is composed of different layers of fat:
- subcutaneous fat—it’s an under-the-skin layer of fat
- intramuscular fat—it’s found between the skeletal muscles
- Visceral fat—it’s packed between the organs in the abdomen.
Getting rid of stomach fat refers to shedding the fat that’s sitting deeper into the abdominal cavity—the visceral fat. It basically surrounds the vital abdominal organs of the body to release compounds that put you at risk of developing heart problems and inflammation.
Calories Vs a Pound of Belly Fat
To lose a single pound of stomach fat, you would need to consume 3,500 lesser calories than you are burning in a day.
However, as you wish to shed pounds in a week, let me tell you that losing more than 7,000 calories in a week can deprive your body of essential nutrients.
If you wish to stay healthy and lose the stubborn fat around your abdomen, you should only aim to lose 1 to 2 pounds in a week.
Don’t lose hope yet, because people having proper trainers and diet planner can aim to lose even more than that. All it takes is strict diet plans that don’t let you run out of your daily nutrient requirements.
7 Best Ways to Get Rid of Belly Fat
If you want to figure out how to get rid of belly fat in a week, introduce these dietary changes for a week:
- Take Smaller Portions of Daily Diet: Rather than eating complete meals with intermittent fasting, it’s better to take food in chunks. Overloading your stomach isn’t the smartest way to shed extra fat. Not only would it help curb your desire to eat, but also charge up your metabolism to burn belly fat faster. Just keep munching on small portions of healthy food options after every 2 to 3 hours.
- Green Tea Is a Perfect Diet Drink: Green before a workout is the quickest way to get rid of belly fat. Green tea is packed with catechins, the antioxidants, which are famous for reducing belly fat.
- Avoid Carbonated and Alcoholic Drinks: Choose between flatter stomach or alcohol. Alcohol makes your body store fat and it also reduces the fat you usually burn by 36%. It actually inhibits the production of fat-burning hormones of your body.
As for the carbonated drinks, they are responsible for the bloated stomach. You need to remove them from your diet to have an accurate measure of pounds you are shedding.
- Consume Raw Vegetables and Fruits: Organic and fresh is the best option. I suggest you consume raw fruits and vegetables whenever you feel like binge eating during the day. Fruits fulfill your water need and offer your body a lot of energy with lesser calories.
- Add Berries and Nuts to Your Diet: Berries have fat-fighting components. As per research, berries aid fat cells to produce ‘adiponectin’, the hormone that reduces inflammation and lowers blood sugar level.
Nuts are great to keep the tummy flatter. As per studies, taking nuts twice every week helps in lesser weight gain.
- Eat Lean Protein: lean protein sources can fill up your stomach for longer to fuel your weight-loss program better. At each meal, for a week, take about 3-4 oz of lean meat. Replace that fatty protein sources like cheese and red meat with leaner protein foods such as turkey, fish, chicken, eggs, and nuts.
- Opt for Whole Grain Foods: To target that harmful visceral fat, opt for 100% whole grain foods that are high in fiber, protein, vitamins, and minerals. Half a cup of quinoa, brown rice, whole wheat bread, or whole wheat pasta is perfect to add into a day’s diet.
Reduce Bloating to Get Flat Tummy Fast
While considering how to get rid of belly fat in a week, it’s imperative to tone down bloating. A bloated stomach would always appear larger than it is. Here’s how to reduce bloating during the week of weight-loss:
Drink Plenty of Water
Water eases your way to getting rid of fat and attain a flattened stomach. As you consume more water, your body reacts by reducing water retention—a major cause of bloating. On top of that, water reduces your cravings and makes you feel fuller.
Prefer Potassium-Rich Foods
Potassium reduces bloating. It’s a natural diuretic that reduces water retention and puffiness in your belly area. High potassium foods include avocadoes, yogurt, cantaloupe, papaya, bananas, and mangoes
Avoid High-Fiber Foods
To decrease the belly budge, limit the intake of high-fiber foods.
Dietitians recommend taking high-fiber foods as they are indigestible and can give you a fuller feeling for long. The fact is that it’s great for your body but not for your body shape. How? It causes bloating. For a week, cut down on the intake of high-fiber foods such as beans, broccoli, Brussel sprouts, and cauliflower, etc. You can gradually introduce them into your diet again.
Cut Down the Diary Intake
Who wouldn’t know the first step towards how to get rid of belly fat in a week? It’s cutting down on dairy products that cause excessive bloating. Our stomachs have difficulty in digesting ‘lactose’ that causes the belly to bulge out.
Avoid that bloated stomach and cramps by sticking to smaller portions of milk products or rely on yogurt.
How to Get Rid of Belly Fat with Exercises?
Weight-loss is 80% diet, but 20% exercise.
To target belly fat, you need to do interval training 2-3 days a week.
Why interval training? Interval training involves high-intensity workouts that torch calories and burn a greater amount of fat in targeted areas.
As per a study of the University of Virginia, people who did 3 to 5 sessions of cardio with intervals lost belly fat faster than the other ones.
Exercises for Flatter Abs
Aerobic Exercises are among the best ways to get rid of belly fat faster. It particularly targets the visceral fat in the abdomen to get you a flatter tummy. As per studies, cardio is better than weight training or resistance training. You can opt for a brisk walk, cycling, swimming, jumping jacks, and a lot more throughout the day to shed that belly fat in a week. Spread out aerobic activities throughout the day for 10 minutes each instead of setting aside an hour for it.
Cardio is perfect for maintaining weight during pregnancy, but with a lower intensity. It doesn’t interfere with your body mechanisms.
There’s no better workout for belly than crunches to get you those killer abs.
Start off with 10 to 15 crunches in a day with a 1-minute break in between. Perform three sets of it.
Crunches can help you tone down the front and side muscles of the abdomen. Try out these crunches to target that belly fat:
Pelvic Tilt Crunch
- Lie on a stability ball with face upwards and head pressed onto the ball.
- Keep your feet together on the floor
- Hold up a dumbbell of 5 to 10 pounds against your chest
- Tighten up your abs and crunch forward with your shoulders off the ball
- Reach for the sky by raising your hands
- Perform 3 sets of 10 to 15 crunches. Increase gradually.
Arms Over Straight-Leg Crunch
- Lie down and extend your arms backward
- While keeping your legs together, raise them to a 45-degree angle
- Bring up your arms by lifting your shoulder.
- Along with that, raise your legs as much as when they are perpendicular to the floor
- Return slowly to the initial position
- Perform 3 sets of 10 to 15 crunches.
Strengthen Up Your Core
Core muscles include abdominal muscles, lower back muscles, hips, and pelvic floor. To get a flatter tummy, you need to strengthen your core muscles.
To strengthen your core, perform two simple exercises:
Getting a well-toned body within a week is a dream come true for everyone out there. So, get started now with greater determination and share your tips and tricks in the comments below.