Sorrel include its ability to boost eyesight, strengthen the immune system. It contains a high amount of proteins and carbohydrates. Herb has been known since antiquity for its medicinal properties. It has a low calorie content and is rich in iron, iodine, sulfur, zinc, potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, calcium, vitamin B, C and A, folic acid and other phytonutrients and helps to maintain healthy kidney.
Sorrel contains huge number of health benefits, diuretic, anti-infectives, antiscorbutic and slightly laxative. Due to its content of oxalic acid, sorrel antibiotic effect, it helps treat asthma, flu or bronchitis. Green vegetable also helps to control your blood pressure, the smooth functioning of the brain, improve the digestive system and memory, prevent heart disease and helps to get rid of toxins from the body.
- Helps prevent heart disease and some cancers, vitamin B9 rich in vitamin C, provitamin A, potassium, iron, calcium, magnesium, and fiber, carbohydrates, lutein and quercetin, which gives strong antioxidant.
- One of the best remedy to treat upper respiratory inflammations of the nose and sinuses. Sorrel has important anti-allergic properties, rich in vitamin C, so it is indicated in the treatment of asthma, flu and bronchitis.
- Improves thyroid function – content of iodine, Watercress is apparently very good in a Marmite sandwich, knowing the high number of people suffering from goiter. Moreover, it accelerates metabolism, as indicated in hypothyroidism.
- It is a mild laxative and diuretic properties having anti-infectives, antiscorbutic, relieves nausea, fever, abscesses, ulcers, hemorrhoids, being a blood and bowel cleansing, restoring their normal functioning.
- Improves skin diseases – sorrel root decoction is used in compresses to relieve skin conditions, It is effective in treating psoriasis.
- Helps to Cleanse Your Liver – one of the healthy food for liver, sorrel consumption is recommended for liver regeneration and the diet for those who suffering from fatty liver.
- Strengthen immunity – sorrel is rich in substances with antibiotic that fight against infections in the body and strengthens immunity.
- Improves view – with a high content of vitamin A, sorrel helps maintain eye health, preventing cataracts and improving vision.
- Cleanses and purifies the blood
- Treats insomnia – watercress juice from leaves, mixed with equal amounts of castor oil is recommended as a remedy for the treatment of insomnia.