Have you heard of The Four Corners? It’s a must-visit spot in the U.S. Whether you’re traveling in an RV rental or road tripping in a car, the Four Corners region is an iconic destination that you don’t want to miss out on.
The Four Corners is where four corners of four states meet, but that isn’t the only reason why people like to visit this region of the U.S. With all four states being some of the most beautiful ones in the country, there are plenty of national parks and historical sites to visit. You aren’t only headed to one state when you visit this area, but four different ones that each have their unique attractions and things to see.
Following are some of the things that you can do in the area and why you should make it one of your top destinations on your U.S. road trip:
- Visit the Four Corners Monument. Whether you like to visit iconic destinations in the U.S. or you think it would be something fun to do with the kids, you can visit the Four Corners Monument to be able to stand in four states at once. While you will be charged to visit, where else will you be able to find four destinations in one?
- Check out the Chaco Culture National Historical Park. A UNESCO World Heritage destination, if you’re in the area, you’ll want to visit Chaco Culture National Historical Park. This archaeological destination is worth seeing, especially if you’re interested in seeing ancient Chacoan history and the unique construction of their structures.
- See the Aztec Ruins National Monument. In the same vein, you don’t want to miss out on visiting the Aztec Ruins National Monument while on your road trip in an RV rental. Offering visitors a glimpse at history, you can explore these ancient ruins in a short amount of time while being amazed at how incredibly unique this World Heritage Site is. Make sure to bring a camera, this is one of the most unique places in the United States.
- Don’t miss the Mesa Verde National Park. Along the same lines of history and unique archaeological sites, the Mesa Verde National Park is a must-visit location for anyone who loves both nature and history. From valleys, hills, and fabulous scenery along the way to guided tours of the ancient Pueblo dwellings, as well as a museum, it’s the perfect destination for those who want to spend time getting to know more about the history of this area while spending time in the great outdoors.
- Go shopping in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Of course, you may want to do more than just visit the ruins and national parks in the area. A great place to visit is the Santa Fe Indian market. There, you can find all kinds of Navajo arts and crafts and even purchase some turquoise that you can take back home as souvenirs from a unique road trip.
- Go whitewater rafting in Colorado. For those who love the great outdoors, the Four Corners region is home to many beautiful locations that are ideal for the adventure seeker. Whitewater rafting in Durango, Colorado is a favorite choice for many outdoor fanatics who visit this famous area.
- Go for a dip in the Great Salt Lake. Whether you want to go kayaking or boating or feel like cooling off, the Great Salt Lake is an excellent spot for some vacation fun while on a road trip. You can stay at a campground in the area and then enjoy the beauty that surrounds this area. Whether you like hiking or want to admire wildlife on Antelope Island, there is no shortage to the things and places to explore near the Great Salt Lake area.
- Try Mexican cuisine in this area. As you road trip through this area and especially in the Arizona and New Mexico portion, make sure to take some time to try authentic Mexican food. There are plenty of restaurants in the area where you can order delectable Mexican dishes such as tacos, tostadas, and tortas. While you may know and love Tex-Mex dishes, you’ll be amazed at how many authentic Mexican restaurants there are in this area. It’s worth your time to at least visit one or two for flavorful meals.
A visit to the Four Corners region is one that will be rewarding both in historical sites, natural beauty, and an admiration for the unique culture found in this area.
If you’ve been looking for a new kind of destination to visit in an RV rental, you don’t need to look further than the Four Corners–a place where you can have four different destinations in one spot. It’s a perfect location to take a summer or autumn road trip while being able to visit all of the gorgeous Four Corner destinations during your vacation.