During pregnancy women has to pay lot of emphasis on diet, as she has to eat for two, the baby in the womb and the mother herself. The minerals and vitamins she takes will ensure that both mother and her unborn baby have the nutrients required right from the beginning of the pregnancy. The key to a healthy pregnancy diet is to plan in advance the nutritional chart that you are required to follow in your pregnancy.You need to follow a well-balanced nutritious diet for your baby to grow strong and healthy.For a successful pregnancy, meals should be distributed evenly throughout the day and should provide foods from all of the food categories
Here are some healthy intakes to keep you and your baby healthy and fit
- Plan out that you eat sufficient amount of food to get all nutrients and vitamins.Give yourself at least 6-11 slices of bread and grains, 2-4 servings of fruits like oranges and 3-5 servings of vegetables such as and spinach, around three to four servings of milk products, and three servings of protein sources such as meat, fish, eggs, and nuts.
- Eat foods that are enriched in fiber such as whole grains bread, cereals, and rice.
- During pregnancy, make sure you are consistently getting enough amounts of vitamins and minerals in your daily intake.
- Eating calcium rich foods a day will help ensure that you are getting 1000-1300 mg of calcium in your daily diet during pregnancy, which is essential for the sturdy bones of your baby.
- Add in your everyday meal at least 3 portions of iron- rich foods such as spinach, beans, lean meats, and cereals to make sure you are getting 27 mg of iron daily.
- Iodine is very important for your pregnant body. In your delicate days, you’ll need 250 mg of iodine a day to for the development of baby’s brain and nervous system. Select from a variety of dairy products such as milk, cheese, yog hurt, as well as baked potatoes for a healthy diet.
- All pregnant women require at least 0.4mg of folic acid each day to help prevent neural tube defects.Green leafy vegetables, black beans and lima beans are rich in folic acid thus make sure you have these in your daily diet.
Check this site for more tips
The impact of quality nutrition on your pregnancy
The planned pregnancy diet will make your health during pregnancy. Your baby’s growth and functioning entirely depends on the quality of food you eat and it impacts greatly on your baby’s growth. Healthy and natural diet food will ensure that your body, brain, and baby are getting the correct amount of food. Healthy diet will keep you and your baby strong and nourished.