Your wedding invitation might seem like it is only a small piece of paper, but it is very important. The invitation not only gives your guests all of the information that they will need to attend your wedding, it also gives them the first impression of the style and tone of the celebration.
What to Consider When Making Your Wedding Invitations
What should you be keeping in mind when you are designing your wedding invitations? Here are some important things to consider:
- How many wedding invitations will you need to send? Remember that a couple will only need one invitation addressed to both of them.
- How early can you send your invitations? You should aim to give your guests as much notice as possible so that they can plan ahead, book time off work, arrange travel, etc.
- Consider your budget and what you can afford. Can you spend extra for a custom made card, or should you use a cheaper template?
- Factor in the cost of mailing your cards. Remember that if they are in large envelopes they will cost more. Also, if your invitations cost more they will be more expensive to ship.
- Make sure that you have finalised all of the correct information, such as the time, the address of the venue and the dates before printing the invitations. It would be a huge hassle to correct these details after the fact.
- When you are addressing all of the invitations, make sure that you have the correct names and their spellings. Perhaps Aunt Sally has remarried again since you last saw her and changed her name, so check to find out.
Ideas for Your Wedding Invitation Design
How can you make your wedding invitation really stand out from the crowd? You and your fiancé are unique, so why shouldn’t your wedding invitation be? Perhaps you can choose something that reflects the interests you share. For example, if you both love history and are hosting your wedding in a beautiful historic castle the invitation can be written in old fashioned script on parchment.
You could also consider printing the wedding invitation onto some unconventional or interesting material, such as onto a balloon. When your guest blows up the balloon, they will be able to read the wedding details. If you are having a destination wedding, you could design a wedding invitation that looks like a passport – with photos and information about the beautiful wedding destination you have chosen inside.
How One Heart Wedding Can Help
When you are planning your wedding, why not trust the experts to help you with all aspects of your wedding decoration design – including creating beautiful and stylish invitations? One Heart Wedding is an experienced wedding decoration company and they have a team of in-house designers who can help you create the perfect wedding invitations. They have planned over 14,000 weddings every year all over the world and they will offer you expert advice. Why not contact them today?