Glass clear flawless skin is the dream of every human. But, there are several hurdles in achieving flawless skin. The biggest and most common one is redness on the face.
The red pigmentation of skin characterizes it. The symptoms of redness can vary as per the source causing it. At least, the redness on the face can be annoying and irritate.
However, on extreme, it may reflect an allergic reaction or symptom of an underlying disease.
Let’s discuss some of the ways to treat redness on the face overnight.
1. Try Chemical Peels
The most common cause of redness is acne. The acne is caused when dead skin cells plug hair follicles or due to bacterial reaction. In both the situation, removing the first dead layer of skin is essential.
You can use glycolic acid peels or salicylic acid peels, reducing the redness and making face fresh instantly.
It is better to consult a dermatologist or cosmetologist for the treatment; trying it at home or performed by an unprofessional can intensify the redness.
2. Enjoy a Cold Compress
The redness caused due to changing weather, high temperature, or sunburns can be cured by a cold shower or cold compress. For cold compress, follow these steps;
- Take a towel and wet it with cold water.
- Filled a plastic bag with ice cubes.
- Wrap the towel around the face.
- Place a plastic bag over the towel.
- Rest for 20 minutes, and then rinse the face with cold water.
3. Rub Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera contains vitamin A (Beta-Carotene), C and E, which are antioxidants. These antioxidants cleanse the clogged pores and soothe redness.
It promotes the growth of new skin and heals skin faster. There are multiple ways to use it, cut the leave in half and apply it to the face.
Or extract its gel and apply it with the help of a brush.
4. Use Sunscreen
Sunscreen can also help in reducing redness. Use the higher SPF sunscreen lotion to reduce redness. Apply sunscreen on the affected areas of the face; it will reduce rashes on your face.
5. Soothes Skin with Cucumber Slices
Cucumbers are calling packets filled with flavonoids and antioxidants that reduce skin irritation. There are different ways of using cucumber.
You can put it under a mask or directly rub it on the skin. The suggested one is the cucumber spray;
- Slice a cucumber and place it in the pan.
- Filled pan with enough water to cover cucumber pieces.
- Boil it on a medium flame for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove the mixture and blend it.
- Pour the mixture through a sieve to separate any unblended particle.
- Filled the water in a spray bottle.
- Add two to three tablespoon of rose water.
You can directly spray it on the face. It is best suited with a cold compress. Spray it on the face and then wrap the face with a towel.
6. Chamomile Tea
Chamomiles are a natural source of antioxidants. They can be used directly on the face to reduce redness.
Boil some chamomile herb in water, and the tea is ready. The best combination of tea is with honey;
- Take a bowl and mix ½ teaspoon of honey with one teaspoon of chamomile tea.
- Blend the ingredients properly.
- Apply the paste on the face and affected areas.
- Leave it for 5-7 minutes, and then rinse it with cold water.
7. Cooling Sheet Masks
The readymade sheet masks available in the market are also beneficial in reducing skin irritation. These masks are prepared from ingredients that create a soothing effect on the skin and refresh it by removing dead skin cells.
Make sure the mask suits your skin type. Coconut Gel and Aloe Vera masks are recommended for reducing redness.
8. Petroleum Jelly can do Wonders
Using petroleum-based products is a bit risky yet effective. If the skin’s rashes or redness are due to extreme cold weather or dryness, then using petroleum-based products is the best remedy.
Directly apply the product to the affected area and leave it overnight. If the redness is caused due to sunburn or acne, do not apply the product.
9. Apply Yogurt
Yoghurt contains prebiotics that supports treating bacterial infection and reducing redness on the face. According to Dissertation Assistance, the best way to use yoghurt is to mix it with honey. Mix 2 tablespoon of yoghurt with ½ teaspoon of lemon. Blend the mixture well and apply it to the face.
Put the mask for 20 minutes and then rinse with cold water. It is only recommended for the oily skin type, as applying lemon on any other skin type can cause skin irritation.
10. Habit Manuka Honey
Manuka honey is a special type of honey; do not mix it with the normal honey. It is dark orange and is thicker than normal honey.
You can directly apply it to the face, but it is better to use its mask. Blend honey with few drops of rose water, apply a thick layer on the face and wait for 20 minutes.
Clean honey from the face with a small piece of cloth and rinse it with warm water.
11. Apply Oatmeal
Using oatmeal for skin is a centuries-old tradition. This, not the normal oatmeal that you have in breakfast; it is colloidal oatmeal.
Mix the oatmeal powder with honey and directly apply it to the face. If your condition is worsening, you can also have an oatmeal bath.
Mix oatmeal powder and baking soda in a coffee filter packet. Put the bathtub filled with Luke warm water, rest in the bath for 20 minutes. Pat yourself gently and apply fragrance-free moisturizer.
More Tips to Avoid Redness
There are several precautionary habits that you can adopt to ignore the growth of facial redness.
- Limit alcohol consumption, as it contains flare-up that can trigger facial redness.
- Eating too many spicy foods causes inflammation in the stomach. The body reacts to this inflammation by creating redness.
- A higher level of stress and lesser sleep can also cause puffiness and redness on the face. Manage your stress level by doing meditation.
- Figure out the environmental factors that are least suitable for your skin. Avoid exposing your skin directly to these factors.
- Usage of sunscreen is the essential element to use in summers.
- Maintaining hydration level in the body is also necessary, as skin redness is the symptom of dehydration.
- Try breathing exercise to regulate the oxygen level in the body.
- Some skin type is also allergic to synthetic fragrance. Try using fragrance-free products.
- Avoid consuming oily foods if you have an oily skin type.
- Avoid using too much synthetic makeup.
The skin redness is caused due to multiple reasons. The redness causes severe irritation on the skin. Using synthetic products is not recommended, as redness makes skin sensitive, and artificial products can increase sensitivity.
The best way to cure redness overnight is by using natural products. Natural elements that contain antioxidants are suitable to be used for reducing redness.
Along with natural remedies, it is also recommended to change lifestyle. These changes will reduce the chances of redness.
I hope the remedies that I have mentioned above will cure your redness overnight.